Re: [cf-dev] Headless browser support in nodejs-buildpack

Re: [cf-dev] Headless browser support in nodejs-buildpack

Franks, Geoff

We had to solve a similar problem ourselves. We ended up building a custom stack for this, forking cflinuxfs2, and adding the additional packages + business logic on top. There are a number of buildpacks that may have issues with stacks not named `cflinuxfs2`, but the only buildpack we needed seemed to work with the custom name, so we have a default stack, and a custom stack for the apps that neeed Chrome. If you can support multi-buildpack pushes with the v3 API, you may be able to make use of that with https://github.com/cloudfoundry/apt-buildpack which would be less long-term maintenance + support compared to forking things.

From: <[hidden email]> on behalf of "Pietsch, Mathias (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <[hidden email]>
Date: Monday, July 23, 2018 at 10:25 AM
To: "[hidden email]" <[hidden email]>
Cc: "Pfaffel, Stefan (Allianz Deutschland)" <[hidden email]>, "Hofbauer, Eveline (Allianz Deutschland)" <[hidden email]>
Subject: [External] [cf-dev] Headless browser support in nodejs-buildpack

Hello Cloudfoundry-Support team,

in our project we have the following issue:

we would like to generate a PDF-File with screenshots of our angular-html application. Therefore we need a buildpack with a headless browser support.

We already tried to generate screenshots with headless-chrome and phantomjs with the standard nodejs-buildpack. For  the headless-chrome we received an error-message that the shared library libnss3.so is missing. The phantomjs process terminated immediately.

Do you have a solution for us to solve our problem? This would be very helpful for finishing our project.

Thank in advance and best regards.

Mathias Pietsch

dienstleistend für Allianz Deutschland AG, Grafische Oberflächen für ROPO

Externer Brückenkopf: Darko Pelikan

Erreichbarkeit während des Projekts:

   Telefon:             +49 (0) 711 6 63 - 1537

   E-Mail:                [hidden email]

Telefon: +49 (0) 711 6 63 - 1537

E-Mail: [hidden email]

PASS Consulting Group

Schwalbenrainweg 24

D-63741 Aschaffenburg

PASS IT-Consulting Dipl.-Inf. G. Rienecker GmbH & Co. KG, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg HRA 2921, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Aschaffenburg, Komplementärin: Rienecker Beteiligungs-GmbH, Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Aschaffenburg HRB 7619, Sitz der Gesellschaft: Aschaffenburg, Geschäftsführer: Dipl. Inf. Gerhard Rienecker

View/Reply Online (#8198) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic