[cf-dev] ASP.NET 5 buildpack now in cloudfoundry-community

[cf-dev] ASP.NET 5 buildpack now in cloudfoundry-community

Jack Cai
We just open sourced a buildpack that can run the latest ASP.NET 5 applications [1]. ASP.NET 5 is a major redesign of ASP.NET [2]. This is also a key difference from the existing .net buildpack [3].

Right now this buildpack still uses Mono[4] emulation layer, but we expect it to switch to the .Net core CLR for Linux [5] once it becomes more viable.

We hope you have a chance to try it and give us feedback. ASP.NET 5 is rapidly evolving and you can help influence how the buildpack grows with it.

Thanks!

Jack
[2] http://docs.asp.net/en/latest/conceptual-overview/aspnet.html
[3] https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/.net-buildpack
[4] http://www.mono-project.com/
[5] https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr

Re: [cf-dev] ASP.NET 5 buildpack now in cloudfoundry-community

Christopher B Ferris

Awesome! Great work, team!

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Cloud
IBM Software Group, Open Technologies
email: [hidden email]
twitter: @christo4ferris
blog: http://thoughtsoncloud.com/index.php/author/cferris/
phone: +1 508 667 0402

Inactive hide details for Jack Cai ---05/15/2015 03:19:53 PM---We just open sourced a buildpack that can run the latest ASP.NETJack Cai ---05/15/2015 03:19:53 PM---We just open sourced a buildpack that can run the latest ASP.NET 5 applications [1]. ASP.NET 5 is a

From: Jack Cai <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 05/15/2015 03:19 PM
Subject: [cf-dev] ASP.NET 5 buildpack now in cloudfoundry-community
Sent by: [hidden email]

We just open sourced a buildpack that can run the latest ASP.NET 5 applications [1]. ASP.NET 5 is a major redesign of ASP.NET [2]. This is also a key difference from the existing .net buildpack [3].

Right now this buildpack still uses Mono[4] emulation layer, but we expect it to switch to the .Net core CLR for Linux [5] once it becomes more viable.

We hope you have a chance to try it and give us feedback. ASP.NET 5 is rapidly evolving and you can help influence how the buildpack grows with it.

Thanks!

Jack

[1]
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/asp.net5-buildpack
[2] http://docs.asp.net/en/latest/conceptual-overview/aspnet.html
[3]
https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/.net-buildpack
[4]
http://www.mono-project.com/
[5]
https://github.com/dotnet/coreclr

Re: [cf-dev] ASP.NET 5 buildpack now in cloudfoundry-community

Chris Sterling
Great job! Can't wait to play with this.

Chris Sterling
[hidden email]
twitter: @csterwa
linkedin: http://www.linkedin.com/in/chrissterling

On Fri, May 15, 2015 at 12:25 PM, Christopher B Ferris <[hidden email]> wrote:

Awesome! Great work, team!

Cheers,

Christopher Ferris
IBM Distinguished Engineer, CTO Open Cloud
IBM Software Group, Open Technologies
email: [hidden email]
twitter: @christo4ferris
blog: http://thoughtsoncloud.com/index.php/author/cferris/
phone: <a href="tel:%2B1%20508%20667%200402" value="+15086670402" target="_blank">+1 508 667 0402

From: Jack Cai <[hidden email]>
To: [hidden email]
Date: 05/15/2015 03:19 PM
Sent by: [hidden email]