[cf-dev] Announcing DNS-based service discovery for container networking

[cf-dev] Announcing DNS-based service discovery for container networking

Usha Ramachandran

Hello everyone,

We are excited to announce the availability of DNS-based polyglot service discovery on Cloud Foundry. With this feature, Cloud Foundry apps in all languages and frameworks can leverage container-to-container networking.

Many Cloud Foundry teams came together to deliver this feature. A big thank you to CAPI, Routing, Diego, BOSH, CLI and Release Integration teams for their participation in conversations and cross-team development.

To find out more about the feature and the use cases, read this blog post. To try it out, follow our instructions to deploy with cf-deployment v1.17.0 or later.

Polyglot service discovery is currently an experimental feature. It is  deployed to Pivotal Web Services, where we will watch it and make generally available if all goes well.

We look forward to your feedback! Please reach out to us on #container-networking on Cloud Foundry slack if you have any questions!

Thank you,

CF Networking Team

View/Reply Online (#7871) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Announcing DNS-based service discovery for container networking

Michael Maximilien-2
Congrats to the team and to you Usha for getting this done with a heterogeneous group. Looks really good to me, well done.

Yet another feature that’s helping CF push the envelop of cloud application development and management, while remaining simple and easy to use. Cheers,

Max

--
dr.max Sent from my iPhone http://maximilien.org

View/Reply Online (#7873) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic