[cf-dev] Announcing cf-abacus end of life

[cf-dev] Announcing cf-abacus end of life

Hristo Iliev
Hi cf-dev,

Abacus was started in 2015 by IBM with SAP joining shortly after. Since several years SAP is the only contributor, as it used Abacus in production.

Most users do not find the project robust and cost effective solution. Several reasons for this are outlined in this blog. We started solving some of the problems as part of version 2, but in the meantime our focus as a company has shifted.

As a result of all this, there is no activity around the project for more than a year, so we moved Abacus to the attic to reach its end of life.

If this still is a topic you are interested in, please reach out to us by replying to this mail or contacting me directly.

Best regards,
Hristo Iliev

View/Reply Online (#8790) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Announcing cf-abacus end of life

Michael Maximilien-2
Thanks for the summary email and blog post Hristo and for all of your work and dedication to this project.

Like any projects, it had its heyday and moments of excitement. And now retirement.

I know at least one person indicated interest during the last CAB call, perhaps they will reach out.

In any case, many thanks again and happy holiday season. Best,

Max

On Tue, Nov 26, 2019 at 12:59 PM Hristo Iliev <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi cf-dev,

Abacus was started in 2015 by IBM with SAP joining shortly after. Since several years SAP is the only contributor, as it used Abacus in production.

Most users do not find the project robust and cost effective solution. Several reasons for this are outlined in this blog. We started solving some of the problems as part of version 2, but in the meantime our focus as a company has shifted.

As a result of all this, there is no activity around the project for more than a year, so we moved Abacus to the attic to reach its end of life.

If this still is a topic you are interested in, please reach out to us by replying to this mail or contacting me directly.

Best regards,
Hristo Iliev

View/Reply Online (#8791) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic