[cf-dev] BookInfo app demo with Envoy as the edge router in CF

[cf-dev] BookInfo app demo with Envoy as the edge router in CF

Shubha Anjur Tupil

[Edited Message Follows]

Hello all,

The routing team has been working on integrating Envoy and Istio in the routing control plane. Yesterday we were able to run the BookInfo demo with Envoy as the edge router ( still using DNS load balancing for E-W traffic). See the attached GIF for a micro-demo and see the requests load balanced between the three versions of the reviews app (the black stars, red stars, and no stars with a written review).

While this is test-driven and CI'd functionality, we want to clarify that istio-release is considered experimental/alpha.

For more on our initiative to leverage Istio and Envoy, see https://docs.google.com/document/d/1LgLY0g39fzpg1_4zTckbH1mOuuSKGvYwp2tkakoe9ys/edit

​​
Routing team

View/Reply Online (#7994) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

bookinfo-demo-load-balancing.gif (25M) Download Attachment

Re: [cf-dev] BookInfo app demo with Envoy as the edge router in CF

Chip Childers
Outstanding progress. This is really great to see Shubha and team!

--
Chip Childers
CTO, Cloud Foundry Foundation

View/Reply Online (#7995) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic