[cf-dev] CF CLI: Dropping Support for Legacy Operating Systems related to GoLang 1.13 #cf

[cf-dev] CF CLI: Dropping Support for Legacy Operating Systems related to GoLang 1.13 #cf

Eric Promislow-2

Greetings CF CLI community,

The current binary releases of the CF CLI are built using Go 1.12.  We plan to start using Go 1.13 soon.

The GoLang 1.12 release included the following warning:

Go 1.12 is the last release that will run on macOS 10.10 Yosemite. Go 1.13 will require macOS 10.11 El Capitan or later.

And the GoLang 1.13 release included the following warning:

The Windows version specified by internally-linked Windows binaries is now Windows 7 rather than NT 4.0.

As a result of these two announcements, we plan the following binary support matrix for an upcoming release of the CF CLI binaries built with Go 1.13:

OS

Architecture

Notes

Linux 2.6.23

amd64, 386

CentOS/RHEL 5.x not supported.

macOS 10.11 or later

amd64

Windows 7, Server 2008R2 or later

amd64, 386

Please reach out if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,

The CF CLI team

View/Reply Online (#8765) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cf