[cf-dev] CF Crypto operations as a Service

[cf-dev] CF Crypto operations as a Service

cfcrypto
Hi Everyone,

I'm Newbie in CF and I need to brainstorm one of my ideas for a CF
extension. I have a crypto lib which I'm using in our on premiss
application. Now we have to migrate to SaaS model based on CF. Currently the
crypto lib is plugged between the DB layer and business logic layer and one
very important requirement is that the crypto lib must be easily replaceable
with another libs which support same set of operations, so I need some kind
of modular service architecture. I saw in the official CF documentation the
there are a user-defined serves and buildpacks which could be used for
implementing the crypto lib integration. Can someone point me what is the
best approach for integrating my crypto lib in CF. Further more, the lib
will be used by many web application and each application will be charged
depending on the operation and the data load.

Thanks in advance.

--
Sent from: http://cf-dev.70369.x6.nabble.com/

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#7939): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/message/7939
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/18057662
Mute This Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/mt/18057662/474226
New Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/post

Group Home: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev
Contact Group Owner: [hidden email]
Terms of Service: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/static/tos
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [cf-dev] CF Crypto operations as a Service

sanjeevkumar761
Hi,

This can be a CF service. You'll need to implement a new CF Service Broker for this service. There is a need to be compliant to CF Service Broker API. Do you want to containerize this service? The broker itself could be an app which can be containerized

We can work on in this together if you are open to the idea. Otherwise also happy to help. Feel free to ask.

Regards, Sanjeev

View/Reply Online (#7941) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] CF Crypto operations as a Service

cfcrypto
Hi  sanjeevkumar761,

Thank you for your prompt and valuable response to my question. Currently
I'm researching the CF and I should compare the CF and Kubernetes
functionalities as well. So once I'm done with that part I can think about
the efforts, implementation and future collaborations. Containerized Service
Broker is exactly what I need for the implementation.

Best Regards

--

View/Reply Online (#7951): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/message/7951
View All Messages In Topic (3): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/18057662