[cf-dev] Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes integration: Service Manager/Service Instance Sharing across CF and K8s

[cf-dev] Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes integration: Service Manager/Service Instance Sharing across CF and K8s

florian.mueller02
Hello all,

In the context of our Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes integration efforts [1], one important topic was the ability to share Open Service Broker-compliant services and service instances between Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes. After creating an initial specification [2] which received quite some attention we held a face-to-face workshop [3] mid-February at the SAP headquarters in Germany with participation from colleagues working at Google, IBM, Pivotal and SUSE to shape the topic further.

As a result of the joint workshop and the discussions, there is now a very first draft specification document [4] which will be reviewed and refined by the involved parties moving forward. Additionally, SAP has started a corresponding reference implementation [5] which is driven by our implementation team consisting of colleagues from SAP labs Sofia.

We are looking forward to feedback and continued collaboration from both the Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes communities hoping that the resulting work will serve as the basis for service instance sharing across both stacks.

If you are interested in contributing, please don't hesitate to join our mailing list [6] and slack channel [7] or open issues in our Github repository [8][9].

Thanks in advance,

Florian Müller

[1] https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/message/7613
[2] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1jmcvqsz8I724Zqp-cm4KJWloHNtwPjgIeMC_PgA08rg/edit
[3] https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fbzLLsI7PkU00NUdX4VNGZ8MHJ3Vqy-oYDO55AbqjWw/edit
[4] https://github.com/Peripli/specification/blob/master/api.md
[5] https://github.com/Peripli
[6] https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/service-manager-wg
[7] https://openservicebrokerapi.slack.com/messages/C99PBB6ER
[8] https://github.com/Peripli/service-manager/issues
[9] https://github.com/Peripli/specification/issues

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#7910): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/message/7910
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/17092489
Mute This Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/mt/17092489/474226
New Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/post

Group Home: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev
Contact Group Owner: [hidden email]
Terms of Service: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/static/tos

Re: [cf-dev] Cloud Foundry and Kubernetes integration: Service Manager/Service Instance Sharing across CF and K8s

Mike Youngstrom
Thanks for posting to the list.  It's great to see this work continuing to move forward and improve.

Mike

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 7:22 AM, Mueller, Florian <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#7911) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic