[cf-dev] Cloud Foundry content migration document

[cf-dev] Cloud Foundry content migration document

Krannich, Bernd

Hello all,

As a follow-up of a discussion in our Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes Special Interest Group meeting [1], I took an action to write up my thoughts around the topic of Cloud Foundry content migration (which is not only relevant in the context of CF@K8s).

Here is my initial write-up:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R54vlw16kOxiSQpcMF0fJUuE-cBsqxYAU-8z87CIHyc/edit?usp=sharing

More than happy to receive feedback, shape the topic in the CF community, and ideally in a follow-up step, gather a group of companies/individuals that take the topic further in Cloud Foundry open source.

Thanks,

Bernd

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/ SIG Meeting: Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes

Bernd Krannich

SAP Cloud Platform

SAP SE

Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany

[hidden email]

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statement: www.sap.com/impressum

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

View/Reply Online (#8981) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Cloud Foundry content migration document

Vlad Iovanov-2

Hi [hidden email]

We’ve just moved a new project in the Foundation, Extensions PMC: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cf-plugin-backup

Its purpose is to do what you describe, migrate foundries.

Right now, it’s a CLI plugin that works exclusively with the API (by design).

It has a few missing features, but with help from our CAPI friends, I think we could close the gap.

The team is currently formed of SUSE and IBM – more help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Vlad

[1] https://www.cloudfoundry.org/community-calendar/ à SIG Meeting: Cloud Foundry for Kubernetes

[...]

View/Reply Online (#8982) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

88088D44077D4ABA87B17A502AAE6E47.png (182 bytes) Download Attachment
544F6C6B0F4F477BBD17AB38EC486FE4.png (186 bytes) Download Attachment