[cf-dev] Code license question

peteb
Hello,

I am a software developer and was wondering what is the code license for your CloudFoundry Community Code, such as: the go cfc client: https://github.com/cloudfoundry-community/go-cfclient ?

Thanks,
kind regards,
Piotr

Re: [cf-dev] Code license question

mdalessio-pivotal
Hi Piotr,

The cloudfoundry-community github org is open to anyone in the community who'd like to publicize their code. I don't believe there are any strict guidelines around the license that should be applied; and in fact this code is explicitly **not** owned by the CF Foundation.

Instead, this code is owned by its authors and contributors. I'd suggest that you open a Github Issue on the repo asking for a license to be explicilty declared, either in the README or in a separate LICENSE file. Usually authors are very willing to do so once asked.

Cheers,
-mike