[cf-dev] Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

[cf-dev] Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Steve Mitchell
cf dev does not start on Ubuntu:
$  lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:    Ubuntu
Release:    18.04
Codename:    bionic

$ cf uninstall-plugin pcfdev
Plugin pcfdev 0.30.2 successfully uninstalled.
$ cf install-plugin -r CF-Community "cfdev"
Plugin cfdev 0.0.15 successfully installed.
CLI: 0.0.15
BUILD: 54 (35368e4)
$ cf dev start
Downloading Resources...
Progress: |====================>| 100.0%
Setting State...
Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist

Cannot find device "virbr0"
Creating the VM...
Starting the VM...
Fetching VM Address...
FAILED
cf dev start: exit status 1

View/Reply Online (#8570) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cf

Re: [cf-dev] Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Steve Mitchell
To fix this problem I installed KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) following these instructions: https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-configure-kvm-ubuntu-18-04-server/ I completed steps 1 - 3. I did not have to configure the network bridge (so far). CFDEV started at least. We'll see if I have networks issues once I start using it.

View/Reply Online (#8571) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cf

Re: [cf-dev] Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Eric Malm
Hi, Steve,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with CF Dev. I'd suggest that if you continue to have difficulties running it on Linux, you may want to file an issue on the main CF Dev GitHub repository at https://github.com/cloudfoundry-incubator/cfdev. I expect the team would appreciate the feedback, especially as it looks like the week-old v0.0.15 release is the first one to support running on Linux at all.

Best,
Eric Malm, CF Application Runtime PMC Lead

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 12:44 PM Steve Mitchell <[hidden email]> wrote:
To fix this problem I installed KVM (Kernel-based Virtual Machine) following these instructions: https://www.linuxtechi.com/install-configure-kvm-ubuntu-18-04-server/ I completed steps 1 - 3. I did not have to configure the network bridge (so far). CFDEV started at least. We'll see if I have networks issues once I start using it.

View/Reply Online (#8573) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cf

Re: [cf-dev] Error: argument "virbr0" is wrong: Device does not exist #cf

Steve Mitchell
Thank you, Eric. I set out to build a proxy, security, web site integration test to post to StackOverflow about a login redirect problem that started after upgrading to Spring Boot 2, but I unexpected ran into problems registering with my discovery service on pcf dev. I was trying to add Spring Cloud Services, but that ate up more time than I expected, so I decided to step away and I will look at it again later with fresh eyes.

On Mon, Apr 15, 2019 at 4:48 PM Eric Malm <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any included attachments are from medZERO, Inc. and are intended only for the addressee(s). The information contained in this message is confidential and may constitute inside or non-public information under international, federal or state laws. Unauthorized forwarding, printing, copying, distribution or use of such information is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the addressee, please promptly delete this message and notify the sender of the delivery error by email. Thank you for your cooperation.

View/Reply Online (#8574) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #cf