[cf-dev] Exploring CRDs in CF

Zach Robinson
Hey all,

As we move towards a kubernetes-based Cloud Foundry, the inclusion of CRDs into CF has been a recurring topic. At this point we already see CRDs being incorporated into CF in a number of ways, as well as questions about them such as a thread on this list titled "Is anyone working on a CF CRD & Controller?".

We would like to use this space to start gathering an understanding of how folks are using CRDs, the reasons folks are using CRDs, and what CRDs folks would like to see in the future.

This will help us build a better understanding as a community towards the outcomes of
  • Include CRDs in CF with well-defined architectural patterns
  • Understand how CRDs should be exposed as a user interface

This document has been created to help house the discussion asynchronously. It has been built with the understanding of cf contributors from a couple of teams, but we need everybody's help to flesh out the full picture.

Looking forward to discussion

View/Reply Online (#8983) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Exploring CRDs in CF

Angela Chin
Hi folks,

Thanks Zach for starting this thread. There's been some good conversation in the document about different reasons and benefits of using CRDs.

Connor (cc'ed) and I have been exploring what introducing CRDs to Cloud Foundry might look like centered around the different outcomes described in the doc. We've generated this document (titled "CF App Runtime CRD Approaches") and would love to have feedback and a discussion via comments.

Cheers,
Angela and Connor

On Tue, Apr 28, 2020 at 10:16 AM Zach Robinson <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#9005) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic