[cf-dev] [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] Brokers MAY receive update request with no parameters or plan change

[cf-dev] [FEEDBACK REQUESTED] Brokers MAY receive update request with no parameters or plan change

Lozev, Georgi

Hello CF Broker authors,

As part of the efforts to improve the workflows and the user experience related to services in Cloud Foundry the following proposal was born [1].

The idea is to add the name of the service instance in CF as part of the context information passed to the brokers on provision and update requests. This will allow broker authors to do things like displaying dashboards with more useful information than the service instance guid.

We have a suspicion that sending an update request with no parameters or plan change may break some existing brokers and we’d like to get some early feedback on that.

Could you please elaborate if you are a broker author and think this might be a breaking change for you?

You could reach the Services API Team by replying to this email or in our Slack channel [2].

BR,

Georgi & Niki on behalf of SAPI Team

[1] https://github.com/openservicebrokerapi/servicebroker/pull/544

[2] https://cloudfoundry.slack.com/messages/C5WH3RDLZ

View/Reply Online (#8237) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic