[cf-dev] How are you using HAProxy in cf-release?

[cf-dev] How are you using HAProxy in cf-release?

Shannon Coen
Hello,

To support the project wide goal of deploying CF as a collection of composable releases, rather than one, the CF Routing team has extracted Gorouter from cf-release into cf-routing-release. Of course, Gorouter is still symlinked into cf-release so it will be deployed with cf-release.

Very few jobs remain in cf-release. The Routing team will also extract the route-registrar job in the routing-release. The last one the Routing team is responsible for is HAProxy.

But I wonder, what purpose does this serve? Is it necessary to maintain this job for the new way of deploying CF? What use case does it currently fulfill, and could those use cases be fulfilled in a better way?

If this is of interest, please take a look at the following document, and share your thoughts and feedback as comments.

Thank you!

Shannon Coen
Product Manager, Cloud Foundry
Pivotal, Inc.

Re: [cf-dev] How are you using HAProxy in cf-release?

aaron_huber
Administrator
I've seen more than a few references over time to poor performance of TLS termination at GoRouter vs. HAProxy - is this no longer the case?  It's probably the only reason I'd be concerned about taking HAProxy out of the loop.

Aaron