[cf-dev] Incubation proposal: CF Containerization

[cf-dev] Incubation proposal: CF Containerization

Cornelius Schumacher-2
Hi all,

We would like to propose the CF Containerization effort for incubation in the
BOSH PMC.

The full proposal can be found here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_IvFf-cCR4_Hxg-L7Z_R51EKhZfBqlprrs5NgC2iO2w/edit

As a first step towards this, we are proposing the Fissile code base as a
starting point, with the goal of transforming it in the direction of the above
proposal. Fissile is a tool that allows developers to convert existing BOSH
releases to docker images and deploy them to Kubernetes. Fissile is currently
used in SUSE CAP (https://www.suse.com/products/cloud-application-platform)
and IBM Cloud Foundry Enterprise Environment (https://console.bluemix.net/
docs/cloud-foundry/).

Fissile is fully open  source and can currently be found on GitHub at
https://github.com/SUSE/fissile

The project would follow a distributed committer model.

Project Lead: Vlad Iovanov
Initial Committers:
- Jan Dubois (SUSE)
- Mark Yen (SUSE)
- Mario Manno (SUSE)
- Enrique Encalada (IBM)
- Matthias Diester (IBM)
- Gong (Grace) Zhang (IBM)

SAP is also currently evaluating additional staffing.

We are looking forward to your questions and comments.

Best Regards,
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Schumacher <[hidden email]>

Re: [cf-dev] [cf-bosh] Incubation proposal: CF Containerization

Marco Voelz

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the comments, discussions and suggestions everyone! The deadline for raising major concerns before we go on with the usual incubation process ended on August 10th. I don't see any ongoing discussions that would prevent us moving forward, so I'll call for a vote within the PMC and we will then proceed.

Warm regards

Marco

Thank you for submitting this proposal. Let's shoot for collecting and resolving most of the comments in the next month by Aug 10th and voting at that time to incubate it in BOSH PMC.

and IBM Cloud Foundry Enterprise Environment (<a href="https://console.bluemix.net/ docs/cloud-foundry/" rel="noreferrer" target="_blank">https://console.bluemix.net/
docs/cloud-foundry/).

Fissile is fully open  source and can currently be found on GitHub at
https://github.com/SUSE/fissile

The project would follow a distributed committer model.

Project Lead: Vlad Iovanov
Initial Committers:
- Jan Dubois (SUSE)
- Mark Yen (SUSE)
- Mario Manno (SUSE)
- Enrique Encalada (IBM)
- Matthias Diester (IBM)
- Gong (Grace) Zhang (IBM)

SAP is also currently evaluating additional staffing.

We are looking forward to your questions and comments.

Best Regards,
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Schumacher <[hidden email]>

View/Reply Online (#8208) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] [cf-bosh] Incubation proposal: CF Containerization

Marco Voelz

Hi everyone,

The BOSH PMC voted unanimously in favor of incubating the CF Containerization project. Welcome to Vlad and the team!

Warm regards

Marco

[...]

View/Reply Online (#8210) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] [cf-bosh] Incubation proposal: CF Containerization

vlad.iovanov

Thank you for the great news Marco!

Cheers,

Vlad

[...]

).

Fissile is fully open  source and can currently be found on GitHub at
https://github.com/SUSE/fissile

The project would follow a distributed committer model.

Project Lead: Vlad Iovanov
Initial Committers:
- Jan Dubois (SUSE)
- Mark Yen (SUSE)
- Mario Manno (SUSE)
- Enrique Encalada (IBM)
- Matthias Diester (IBM)
- Gong (Grace) Zhang (IBM)

SAP is also currently evaluating additional staffing.

We are looking forward to your questions and comments.

Best Regards,
Cornelius

--
Cornelius Schumacher <[hidden email]>

View/Reply Online (#8211) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic