[cf-dev] NOTICE: [python-buildpack] End of Python 3.3.x support after 2018-06-08

[cf-dev] NOTICE: [python-buildpack] End of Python 3.3.x support after 2018-06-08

Scott Sisil

Support for Python 3.3.x will be removed in the first release of the Python buildpack after 2018-06-08.

Per Python Development policy, all support for the 3.3 series of releases ended on 2017-09-29, five years after the initial release[1]. We are giving users a 30 day notice before support for Python 3.3.x is officially removed from the Python buildpack. Because 3.3.x has long been in security-fix mode, 3.3.7 may no longer build correctly on all current operating system releases and some tests may fail.  If you are still using Python 3.3.x, we strongly encourage you to upgrade to a more recent, fully supported version of Python 3.

[1] https://www.python.org/downloads/release/python-337/

Scott

CF Buildpacks PM

View/Reply Online (#7992) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic