[cf-dev] Oratos Incubation Proposal #loggregator

[cf-dev] Oratos Incubation Proposal #loggregator

Adam Hevenor
As many of you know, the Loggregator team has been experimenting with containerizing the Loggregator and Log cache components for use in a K8s context. I posted about these efforts previously[1], and we would like to officially nominate these efforts for incubation within the Runtime PMC (we have also considered extensions - but this would mean twice as many meetings for me ;-) ). We feel that assigning a specific team to this effort is worthwhile to formalize the efforts around product research and design and also want better communicate our intentions to the CF community to gather feedback. Additionally we have identified a first up feature proposal[2] to focus on.

Please review this proposal and FAQ[3] and provide your feedback and comments here or in the document.

1. https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/oratos_containerized/18106811?p=,,,20,0,0,0::recentpostdate%2Fsticky,,,20,2,40,18106811
2. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1PjbaImDrSs3qj1oqu46lSChGgJ6ka_N5AuQv0HVkBbI/edit#
3. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oX4f3VLbTB9AXHOGUA8auGdwK19OVv1dRcKQYc8QsWk/edit#

View/Reply Online (#8036) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #loggregator

Your Subscription | Group Home | [hidden email] | Terms | Unsubscribe

Re: [cf-dev] Oratos Incubation Proposal #loggregator

Adam Hevenor

Re: [cf-dev] Oratos Incubation Proposal #loggregator

Dr Nic Williams
I hope all K8s operators and users are excited for CF logging system!

View/Reply Online (#8038) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #loggregator

Your Subscription | Group Home | [hidden email] | Terms | Unsubscribe

Re: [cf-dev] Oratos Incubation Proposal #loggregator

Krannich, Bernd

Hi Adam,

Congrats, excited to see this as an incubation proposal, following the Eirini example directly in the Runtime PMC. It is great to see these pieces of technology moving into the core of CF right away.

I left a few smaller cosmetic feedbacks inside the docs you shared.

Regards,

Bernd

Bernd Krannich

SAP Cloud Platform

SAP SE

Dietmar-Hopp-Allee 16, 69190 Walldorf, Germany

[hidden email]

Pflichtangaben/Mandatory Disclosure Statement: www.sap.com/impressum

Diese E-Mail kann Betriebs- oder Geschäftsgeheimnisse oder sonstige vertrauliche Informationen enthalten. Sollten Sie diese E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, ist Ihnen eine Kenntnisnahme des Inhalts, eine Vervielfältigung oder Weitergabe der E-Mail ausdrücklich untersagt. Bitte benachrichtigen Sie uns und vernichten Sie die empfangene E-Mail. Vielen Dank.

This e-mail may contain trade secrets or privileged, undisclosed, or otherwise confidential information. If you have received this e-mail in error, you are hereby notified that any review, copying, or distribution of it is strictly prohibited. Please inform us immediately and destroy the original transmittal. Thank you for your cooperation.

View/Reply Online (#8039) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #loggregator

Your Subscription | Group Home | [hidden email] | Terms | Unsubscribe

_._,_._,_