[cf-dev] Proposal for incubation in the Extensions PMC: MS-SQL Service Broker

[cf-dev] Proposal for incubation in the Extensions PMC: MS-SQL Service Broker

Zach Brown
Hi All,

There's a SQL Server service broker currently in the incubator, but it
appears to be abandoned. We'd like to propose replacing it with this
newer broker built by Jared Gordon and Mallika Iyer from Pivotal.

At the same time, a team from Microsoft has agreed to take over
ownership and ongoing maintenance of this new broker.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread. If
possible we'd like to discuss this proposal at the March PMC meeting.

View the complete proposal here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cUjY2fqdHn8GPjqp4jY-wjGlPIhZMYj4Qv7zeGf_6T8/

--
Zach Brown
[hidden email]

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

View/Reply Online (#7808): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/message/7808
View All Messages In Topic (1): https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/topic/13840892
Mute This Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/mt/13840892/474226
New Topic: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/post

Group Home: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev
Contact Group Owner: [hidden email]
Terms of Service: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/static/tos
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Re: [cf-dev] Proposal for incubation in the Extensions PMC: MS-SQL Service Broker

Michael Maximilien-2
Thanks Zach and team for sharing. Looking forward to the details during next call and super happy to consider a broker for a Windows Service. I believe this would be a first! Hopefully not last.

Cheers all,

Mac

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 4:30 PM Zach Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All,

There's a SQL Server service broker currently in the incubator, but it
appears to be abandoned. We'd like to propose replacing it with this
newer broker built by Jared Gordon and Mallika Iyer from Pivotal.

At the same time, a team from Microsoft has agreed to take over
ownership and ongoing maintenance of this new broker.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have in this thread. If
possible we'd like to discuss this proposal at the March PMC meeting.

View the complete proposal here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cUjY2fqdHn8GPjqp4jY-wjGlPIhZMYj4Qv7zeGf_6T8/

--
Zach Brown

dr.max Sent from my iPhone http://maximilien.org

View/Reply Online (#7809) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Proposal for incubation in the Extensions PMC: MS-SQL Service Broker

Zach Brown
Hi All,

We proposed this Service Broker for MS SQL Server at the last CAB meeting:

There don't appear to be any outstanding comments or questions on the proposal. If you've got a question or concern, please speak up by next Sunday, April 22

After that date, we'd like to propose a vote. To be clear, we're voting whether or not to deprecate the existing (abandoned) broker in the incubator, and replace it with this one maintained by Microsoft. Further explanation and links to the repos are in the proposal.

Thank you!

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 5:07 PM, Michael Maximilien <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

650-954-0427 - mobile

View/Reply Online (#7912) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Proposal for incubation in the Extensions PMC: MS-SQL Service Broker

Michael Maximilien
Thanks Zach.

All please do provide any feedback. If none outstanding, we will move for a vote after deadline.

Best,

dr.max
ibm ☁
silicon valley, ca

dr.max
ibm ☁
silicon valley, ca

On Apr 13, 2018, at 5:48 PM, Zach Brown <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

View/Reply Online (#7913) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic