[cf-dev] Removing bits-service from cf-deployment

[cf-dev] Removing bits-service from cf-deployment

James Pollard
Hi all,

As many of you may know, the discontinuation of bits-service was announced back in July of 2019.

We just wanted to give you all a heads up that we'll be removing the bits-service from cf-deployment in the upcoming v13 major release. After this removal, users who want to continue using bits-service will be able to do so by using the bits-service ops files from cf-d v12. (here's a link.)

⏰ If the removal of bits-service in cf-d v13 is likely to cause major headaches for you, please reach out to us ASAP❗️

Best,
release integration

View/Reply Online (#8987) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Removing bits-service from cf-deployment

Thun, Philipp

Hi,

I don’t think that using bits-service with the mentioned ops files will work. In fact support for bits-service is broken since cf-deployment v12.39 (incl. CAPI v1.92, more precisely commit https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng/commit/66fb2bd434656e8caa060ff55e6c87a296ab1455 that adds a new method which is not implemented in the Ruby BitsService::Client class). Is our observation correct or are we doing something wrong when setting up a current version of cf-d with bits-service?

Thanks,

Philipp

View/Reply Online (#8999) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Removing bits-service from cf-deployment

James Pollard
Thanks Philipp, good catch! Your observation appears to be correct.

It appears that one would need to go back to cf-deployment v12.36 or earlier. We've updated cf-deployment release notes to properly capture which release ended bits-service support.

Best,
Release Integration

On Mon, May 4, 2020 at 12:17 AM Thun, Philipp <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi,

I don’t think that using bits-service with the mentioned ops files will work. In fact support for bits-service is broken since cf-deployment v12.39 (incl. CAPI v1.92, more precisely commit https://github.com/cloudfoundry/cloud_controller_ng/commit/66fb2bd434656e8caa060ff55e6c87a296ab1455 that adds a new method which is not implemented in the Ruby BitsService::Client class). Is our observation correct or are we doing something wrong when setting up a current version of cf-d with bits-service?

Thanks,

Philipp

View/Reply Online (#9020) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic