[cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

[cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org
When I was using UAA 4.30.0, UAA used to log a lot of messages which was fine. However, I recently upgraded the UAA to 4.35.0 and the logging stopped working. I deploy UAA by getting the source from github link below, compiled it and then deployed using cloudfoundry push command

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/releases/tag/4.35.0

I understand that there was a change made to logging in 4.31.0 -  Upgrade to Log4j2 logging framework

What do I need to do to get logging back ? Do I need to create a log4j2 file ? If so, where do I need to save it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Viraj

View/Reply Online (#8688) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #uaa

Re: [cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

Chao Wang
Hi Viraj,

Please check the release notes of UAA 4.31.0 which shared the changes you need to make, there are also additional comments from the tracker story if you need more details.

Thanks,
Chao

On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:46 AM vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org <vshetty=[hidden email]> wrote:
When I was using UAA 4.30.0, UAA used to log a lot of messages which was fine. However, I recently upgraded the UAA to 4.35.0 and the logging stopped working. I deploy UAA by getting the source from github link below, compiled it and then deployed using cloudfoundry push command

https://github.com/cloudfoundry/uaa/releases/tag/4.35.0

I understand that there was a change made to logging in 4.31.0 -  Upgrade to Log4j2 logging framework

What do I need to do to get logging back ? Do I need to create a log4j2 file ? If so, where do I need to save it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Viraj

View/Reply Online (#8689) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #uaa

Re: [cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org
Thanks Chaos. The doc says to create a custom env logging.config and point to log4j2 format file. Just like in the previous versions, why can we not get the logging by default ?

Should I just create a custom log4j2.properties config file ? Is there an example of one that I can use ? The UAA war file does not contain a log4j2.properties otherwise i could have pointed to that.

What is the best way to do this ?

Thanks,
Viraj

View/Reply Online (#8691) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #uaa

Re: [cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks Chaos. The doc says to create a custom env logging.config and point to log4j2 format file. Just like in the previous versions, why can we not get the logging by default ?

Should I just create a custom log4j2.properties config file ? Is there an example of one that I can use ? The UAA war file does not contain a log4j2.properties otherwise i could have pointed to that.

What is the best way to do this ? I am using the cloudfoundry environment, so I can't just push a log4j2.properties file.

Thanks,
Viraj

View/Reply Online (#8691) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

Chao Wang
[hidden email] who is the master of Log4j2

On Tue, Jul 23, 2019 at 1:58 PM vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org <vshetty=[hidden email]> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

Thanks Chaos. The doc says to create a custom env logging.config and point to log4j2 format file. Just like in the previous versions, why can we not get the logging by default ?

Should I just create a custom log4j2.properties config file ? Is there an example of one that I can use ? The UAA war file does not contain a log4j2.properties otherwise i could have pointed to that.

What is the best way to do this ? I am using the cloudfoundry environment, so I can't just push a log4j2.properties file.

Thanks,
Viraj

View/Reply Online (#8692) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #uaa

Re: [cf-dev] Upgrading to UAA 4.35.0 from UAA 4.30.0 stopped the UAA logging #uaa

vshetty via Lists.Cloudfoundry.Org
I added a console setup and removed the file setup before compiling and it works.

appender.console.type = Console
appender.console.name = STDOUT
appender.console.layout.type = PatternLayout
appender.console.layout.pattern = ${log_pattern}

rootLogger.level = INFO
rootLogger.appenderRef.stdout.ref = STDOUT

logger.cfIdentity.name = org.cloudfoundry.identity
logger.cfIdentity.level = debug

View/Reply Online (#8693) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic
Mute #uaa