[cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

[cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

Abby Chau
Hi all,

The cf CLI team released cf CLI v6.36.0 yesterday; please see release notes for full details.

Highlights include:

Enhancements:
  • Droplet Upload: Now you can push an app without staging it. The push command now has an optional --droplet flag that allows you to specify a path to a tgz file with a pre-staged app. This allows you to have more granular control over which droplet is being used. For example, you can put the exact version of the app from staging on production and get the results you expect.
  • Name Service Bindings: We've updated the bind-service command by adding an optional --binding-name flag that allows you to assign a name to that binding. This feature provides app developers control and context on the app-service binding when they may not have control over other related names, such as the app or service instance. Thanks to the CAPI team for providing this feature through PR #1309. We've also updated the service command so you can view binding names, if any, for a specific service.

Fixed issues
  • Use DisableKeepAlives when closing Network connections: The cf CLI previously used just the Connection: close header when making certain API calls to the Cloud Controller and UAA. Now, DisableKeepAlives is set to true on the client side, to aid with closing connections with these requests. This should alleviate some networking issues with certain load balancers.
Bug Fixes
    • int64 support for cf/flags library, #1333
    • Debian package, #1336
    • Web action flag not working on CLI 0.6.5, #1337
    • When a cf push upload fails/Consul is down, a panic occurs, #1340 and #1351
    • Note: Colors in the terminal will auto-detect a TTY session - which is the default color if Color_Enabled is not set in the config or $CF_COLOR is empty.
Plugin Updates
    • Create Service Push v1.0.1 release, #214
    • Add Copy-Autoscaler 0.0.1, #216
    • Update CF Local to v0.19.0, #218
    • Update the Java plugin to version 2.0.0, #219
Please do not hesitate to reach out for any questions or clarifications.

Thanks,

Abby and the cf CLI team

View/Reply Online (#7896) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

Mike Youngstrom
Interesting feature.  Is there a standard command to download a droplet from the CC?  I'm aware of the download-droplet plugin is that one recommended?

Mike

On Wed, Apr 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM, Abby Chau <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#7898) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

Abby Chau
Hi Mike,

There's not a standard command to download a droplet from CC. We believe the cf-local plugin has this functionality. Let us know if you have any further questions, thanks.

Best,

Abby

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 8:49 AM, Mike Youngstrom <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

View/Reply Online (#7901) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

Dr Nic Williams
To clarify future plans: are there plans for "cf download-droplet" to be a 1st-class citizen, or do you recommend we use + promote to others a CLI plugin?

View/Reply Online (#7903) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] cF CLI v6.36.0 Released - droplet upload, service bindings, disablekeepalives

Abby Chau
Thanks for reaching out - apologies for the delay in response. We do not currently have plans to support "cf download-droplet". However, if we receive more user feedback about adding support for this feature, then we can review this again. In the meantime, we believe cf-local will take care of this use case. Thanks.

On Thu, Apr 5, 2018 at 2:39 PM, Dr Nic Williams <[hidden email]> wrote:
To clarify future plans: are there plans for "cf download-droplet" to be a 1st-class citizen, or do you recommend we use + promote to others a CLI plugin?

View/Reply Online (#7932) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic