[cf-dev] [cf-abacus] Usage Sampler proposal

[cf-dev] [cf-abacus] Usage Sampler proposal

Hristo Iliev
Hi all,

Abacus team is ready to start the next big chunk of work. We want to remove the time-based metrics we now use to integrate with Cloud Foundry's app & service events and replace them with sampling.

Why?
Time-based metrics are complex, costly in terms of CPU and storage space. Clients have to renew time-based usage, which requires persistence on their side. We see tham as unreliable and error-prone.

How?
We are proposing a new Sampler component that will expose REST API for continuous events.

More info can be found in this document:

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Regards,
Hristo Iliev

View/Reply Online (#8269) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] [cf-abacus] Usage Sampler proposal

Michael Maximilien-2
Nice. Thanks for sending this Hristo.

Let’s make sure to chat about this in a future Extensions or CAB call. Will provide initial feedback in doc.

Best,

Max

--
dr.max Sent from my iPhone http://maximilien.org

View/Reply Online (#8274) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic