[cf-dev] windows buildpacks

jcs42

Hello cf community,

Currently I do not see many options for windows buildpacks.

Has someone created one in the past and can share?

I am currently in need of 3 different buildpacks (all for windows).

  1. Nodejs
  2. Python
  3. Java

Thanks

View/Reply Online (#8826) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] windows buildpacks

Daniel Mikusa
On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 2:14 AM Joey Mizrahi <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello cf community,

Currently I do not see many options for windows buildpacks.

Has someone created one in the past and can share?

I am currently in need of 3 different buildpacks (all for windows).

  1. Nodejs
  2. Python
  3. Java

The current buildpacks for Nodejs, Python & Java are intended to run on Linux & cflinuxfs3.

Buildpacks are supported on Windows though and there are some Windows buildpacks, like https://github.com/cloudfoundry/hwc-buildpack

Hope that helps!

Dan

View/Reply Online (#8827) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic

Re: [cf-dev] windows buildpacks

jcs42
Hi Dan thanks for your response.

I did see this windows bp although it does not help me.
You say that there are some windows buildpacks but the one you provided is
the only one i found.
Was wondering if anyone built a python, nodejs one for windows in the past
and can share.

Thanks!

--
Sent from: http://cf-dev.70369.x6.nabble.com/

-=-=-
Group Owner: [hidden email]
Unsubscribe: https://lists.cloudfoundry.org/g/cf-dev/leave/920759/1741049355/xyzzy  [[hidden email]]
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

On Tue, Dec 31, 2019 at 9:33 AM jcs42 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dan thanks for your response.

I did see this windows bp although it does not help me.
You say that there are some windows buildpacks but the one you provided is
the only one i found.

Here's another. I know Pivotal has some more. I don't know offhand which ones are public/internal though. I just wanted to make the point that it can be done and provide an example if you'd like to have a go at building your own.

I know for a fact Pivotal does not maintain or provide the buildpacks you're looking for on Windows.

Hope that helps!

Dan

Was wondering if anyone built a python, nodejs one for windows in the past
and can share.

Thanks!

--
Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__cf-2Ddev.70369.x6.nabble.com_&d=DwICAg&c=lnl9vOaLMzsy2niBC8-h_K-7QJuNJEsFrzdndhuJ3Sw&r=A6R1A7x3uKhQ4JWX6p3aXisLvnmsdi9T1AuDJmnTSsg&m=WiFa_cZZczRwee2GMborNh2lYrTdMaIfVUwsVVTrFr4&s=9lBAoqEcbsN1AjwQJaRqKjmdLLLKGp_29Z82KqKpd8o&e=

View/Reply Online (#8829) | [hidden email] | [hidden email] | Mute This Topic | New Topic